St. Thomas Lutheran Church
DATE: SATURDAY FEBRUARY 16TH AT 6:00 PM
Spaghetti and Bicycles?
During the month of January we have supported both the homeless teens at Southridge High School and Chapman Partnership and are continuing with donations of food, clothes and gift cards. Sandwiches for the homeless were made on the last Sunday and lunches were packed later at OCPC.
• We need volunteers to go downtown to feed the homeless on Sunday Feb 24th.
• Do the “Shore” thing at Baynanza! If anyone is interested in helping with Baynanza's cleaning the beach at Deering Estate Park on Saturday, April 13th. Please let the church office know so we can sign up for this event.
• The focus this month was doing the personal care kits for LWR.
• For February slightly worn clothes in good condition that can be used for interviews will be collected for the Dress for Success drive for both men and women at Chapman Partnership. Items needed include suits. dress pants, sweaters, belts and shoes. Men's dress shirts and ties are needed as well as women's blouses with sleeves and purses.
• We are continuing to collect non-perishable food items and toiletries along with $20 Publix and/or Aldi gift cards for the Southridge H.S. homeless students.
Details: Spaghetti, Meatballs, Salad, Bread and Beverage
Additional Donations are being accepted as well.
Please see Yvette Salas for more information
* RSVP BY FEBRUARY 12th To the church office (305.232.1227) so we have enough for everyone!
No, we haven’t lost our minds! We will be having a spaghetti dinner to raise funds to purchase bicycles for Cuban missionaries. We our hoping to raise around $360 to purchase three bikes.
These bicycles will be used to carry needed supplies in and out of the parish and provided much needed relief for the missionaries daily tasks.
Come enjoy the company of your fellow church members, while helping us serve others. Feel free to invite your friends & neighbors!
THANK YOU to everyone for your kind donations and supporting our on going projects!
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.. Matthew 5:16